Roodewal Facebook Posts and Comments
Here are some comments from members of our schnauzer community posted to Facebook:
* Kennel names have been changed to R.
- "I bought my Rocky and Zorro from "R" kennel.......so true in what the people are saying, the same was said to me. If only I knew better.... her business is so professionally set up on the internet. I bought two puppies from her that was air transported to the Cape.....when we received the puppies one of them was completely of balance and was falling over the whole time and could not stay upright. That same night we took him to the vet that confirmed that he had a kind of obstruction/growth on the inside where his tail was, so the puppy could not defecate, they had to euthanize him......the vet informed her and she carried the cost and the same week sent me a new puppy........I could not believe the state the dogs arrived in......their skin was not healthy at all and also had to be treated........Zorro and Rocky will be one in June and I am so happy we can give them the love that they deserve....currently they are healthy."
- "I also bought a dog from R Kennel. I received two by means of air transport to the Cape. When we received he smelled terrible. His skin was infected and we had to treat him for six weeks with antibiotics and special food formulas. He had to be bathed weekly with a medicated shampoo. It was an incredibly expensive undertaking. When I confronted her per email in regards to the poor condition due to malnutrition I never got a response from her."
- "We bought a puppy from R Kennel and 5 days later our hearts were broken because she died from parvovirus. She suffered so much,it killed us. And all she could reply was, sorry this kind of thing happens, I'll replace it for you. Needless to say we never replied and still to this day our hearts break when we think of our puppy."
- "We had this little pup from R Breeder for 2 nights and he spent his next (and last) 2 nights at the vet before passing away. This puppy suffered terribly. Parvo, distemper, and worms like nothing ever witnessed before! "
- "We bought a puppy from R kennel and we have had endless visits to the vet, she also offered to "swop out" the puppy for us, like it was a pair of shoes that weren't fitting probably."
- "I bought a schnauzer from R. I went to the farm I was heartbroken to see the condition of the cages the puppies were in. The mother looked dirty and unkept. I did take a puppy. The puppy did not know what grass was. I've since bought a 2nd one from a different breeder and the difference is incredible . My 2nd one runs and interacts with other people easier than my first. My first is scared of other people interaction happens in the first 9 weeks these puppies do not get any human interaction at all. And it has a direct effect on the dogs personality. I do not regret taking my little puppy I saved it and love her dearly."
- I have met a few R Schnauzers over the years and they do not appear to be well bred specimens and did not seem to conform to breed standards ie coat, size, eyes, legs etc. I am no expert by any means, it is merely my opinion. When I bought my boy, Murlo, I was warned by breeders to avoid R. Sausage factory were the words used....
- When I was looking for a puppy, I came across R, as she advertises EVERYWHERE. When I enquired, I became suspicious when she said she could guarantee a puppy at any time. I must tell her when my ideal day of delivery would be and she could give me an 8week old puppy then. I must also tell her exactly what my puppy must look like and she will provide! How bizarre?!! She asked NO questions about me / my situation. I noticed that the photo she sent me of the puppy was the same photo she's been using on gumtree for months! I'm so glad I trusted my instinct and avoided her. I now have my gorgeous Daisy from a good, responsible breeder! Also, be careful with R because she is friends with the local vet so you cannot get unbiased feedback from him
- I have a home-from-home doggie boarding facility and a Client of mine bought 2 pups from R Kennels and one died and the other had to be put to sleep 2 days later.
- My dog is from R and he is going blind at 7. R she does not genic test her dogs. Avoid the heartache and have your baby tested.
Please be CAREFUL! Do NOT become one of these horror stories! PLEASE be very careful of ads on gumtree, OLX etc.
INFO: Reputable schnauzer breeders normally have a waiting list for puppies. The reason for this is that they provide quality puppies, who are brought up in a well researched home environment with the best care and nutrition. The dogs and litters are loved and cared for, so the chances of buying a sociable, loving pup is very good. Do your homework!
Click on the comments number on the below Facebook post to read some more comments about peoples experiences. The reality is a different story. Please be CAREFUL!
Below is a link to a Schnauzer Friends Facebook posts where you read the communities comments yourself.... (click on the comments number) under each post)
INFO: SAD: I have people reporting the same schnauzer puppy GREEDER over and over to Schnauzer Friends. Today I had two...Posted by Schnauzer Friends - South Africa on Tuesday, April 14, 2015
and an update and still more comments about sick puppies ....
UPDATE: ROODEWAL: We are the doggies voice! Some interesting developments behind the scenes with the "Roodewal" puppy...Posted by Schnauzer Friends - South Africa on Monday, May 4, 2015
Another update .....
RESCUE: ROODEWAL UPDATE. THANKS to everyone who has spoken up and assisted in getting the Roodewal "REAL STORY" out in...Posted by Schnauzer Friends - South Africa on Thursday, May 7, 2015
An open letter to the contract breeders ....
RESCUE: An open letter to a Roodewal contract breeder who is asking Schnauzer Friends what happens to his business and...Posted by Schnauzer Friends - South Africa on Thursday, May 7, 2015
1 May 2015 - The rehoming of the contract breeder's schnauzers starts...
RESCUE: JOHANNESBURG. Great News! Schnauzer Friends has had over 50 of a Roodewal ex-contract breeder schnauzers...Posted by Schnauzer Friends - South Africa on Sunday, May 10, 2015
9 May 2015 - Schnauzer Friends is forgiven...
RESCUE: ROODEWAL UPDATE: The Roodewal puppy farm owner Elmarie Cilliers has publicly forgiven me on one of her Facebook...Posted by Schnauzer Friends - South Africa on Sunday, May 10, 2015
11 May - A letter and response regarding about seeing the puppies parents....
RESCUE: ROODEWAL Puppy Farm: An answer to a Roodewal/Elmarie supporter and fan......"Hi Libby. One of the aims of...Posted by Schnauzer Friends - South Africa on Monday, May 11, 2015